At Leeds Faith In Schools we serve and support churches from the a wide cross section of denominations, theological positions and beliefs. We seek to see God’s kingdom grow in this city and recognise the following as a core understandings of faith.
We believe in…
1. One true God who lives eternally in three persons- the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection, his ascension to the Father and his reign and mediation as the only saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the Grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10.The Church the body of Christ, both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and promote the Gospel, promoting justice and love.
11.The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and a new earth.
New role available! East Leeds Schools Worker
We’re really excited to share the news that we are looking to recruit a new schools worker to join our already amazing team. For many
Otley Drop In Is Back
by Mark Atkins As the Schoolsworker for Prince Henry’s Grammar School I’m excited to say the Otley drop in continues to be a great success.
New term – New Beginnings
by Ben Cordy With the summer a distant memory the Leeds Faith In Schools team have been gearing up for the new term ahead. Taking
‘The Girl I want to be’ course is a hit!
This term, at Wetherby High, I have been running a course called, I’m The Girl I Want To Be. This is an eight week self-esteem
Evaluating the evidence for Easter
by Mark Atkins We’re called in 1 Peter to ‘…Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason
Hellos and Goodbyes – Changes at LFIS
In January we said goodbye to Kay Brown who has faithfully served Leeds Faith in Schools as a trustee for 12 years, and